T-Mobile US Inc has agreed to pay $17.5 million to settle a U.S. investigation of two 911 service outages last year that prevented callers from reaching first responders for three hours, the Federal Communications Commission said on Friday.

The FCC said its investigators found that T-Mobile did not notify affected 911 call centers in a timely manner and that better safeguards in the company’s 911 network architecture would have prevented the outages.


(Reporting by Alina Selyukh)

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

Related Posts

Facebook Comments

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲