Today, EMC® is pleased to announce the availability of new EMC Isilon® products that further extend the advantage that the industry-leading Isilon scale-out data lake and NAS storage platform provides to enterprise customers across a broad range of industry segments and public sector agencies. The new EMC Isilon products include:
- EMC Isilon OneFS 7.2.1: This new version of the provides new security options including U.S. Department of Defense Security and Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) hardening, FIPS 140-2 validated OpenSSL and PIV/CAC support for Smart Card Authentication. OneFS 7.2.1 also offers new options to increase flexibility and simplify management including improved support for IPv6 networking; enhanced node compatibility between older and newer generation of Isilon storage platforms; and rolling upgrades from OneFS 7.1.x and OneFS 7.2.
- EMC Isilon X210: The new is a platform refresh of the Isilon X200 and provides increased capacity, performance and flexibility. The Isilon X210 offers a new 4TB HDD option that expand the maximum node capacity by 33% from 36 TB to 48 TB in a highly efficient 2U platform. Based on SPECsfs testing, the Isilon X210 with OneFS 7.2.1 delivers a performance increase of more than 30% over the Isilon X200. To increase data center flexibility, the Isilon X210 uses QDR InfiniBand networking to allow cable lengths between nodes of up to 100 meters. And to further simplify management and improve flexibility in expanding existing Isilon storage environments, the Isilon X210 offers node equivalence with the Isilon X200. The highly versatile Isilon X210 is an ideal scale-out NAS storage platform for a wide range of applications and workloads including file shares, home directories and big data analytics.
- EMC Isilon NL410: The new is a platform refresh of the Isilon NL400 and provides increased flexibility and simplicity. The NL410 includes QDR InfiniBand networking to allow cable lengths between nodes of up to 100 meters. The Isilon NL410 also offers node equivalence with the Isilon NL400 to provide greater flexibility in expanding existing Isilon storage environments. The EMC Isilon NL410 is designed to provide cost-effective, highly scalable nearline storage and is an ideal solution for active archiving.
- EMC Isilon InsightIQ 3.2: This new version of provides powerful performance monitoring and reporting tools to help organizations optimize the performance of their Isilon storage systems. New features now available with Isilon InsightIQ 3.2 include improved analytics and pool-centric reporting options to provide granular performance data filtered by node tiers or node pools.
Here is a snapshot of the latest portfolio of EMC Isilon storage platforms, including the new Isilon X210 and NL410:
EMC Isilon Scale-Out NAS Product Family
With these new products, EMC Isilon scale-out Data Lake further extends its leadership as an ideal platform to store, manage and protect unstructured data efficiently while supporting a wide range of applications and workloads. Key advantages of EMC Isilon include:
- Simplified management: Single file system, single volume, global namespace
- Massively scalable: Scales from 16 TB to over 50 PB in a single cluster
- Unmatched efficiency: Over 80% storage utilization with automated tiering and data deduplication options
- Enterprise data protection: Efficient backup and disaster recovery, and N+1 thru N+4 redundancy
- Robust security and compliance options: RBAC, Access Zones, WORM data security, File System Auditing, Data At Rest Encryption with SEDs, STIG hardening, CAC/PIV Smartcard authentication, FIPS OpenSSL support
- Operational flexibility: Multi-protocol support including NFS, SMB, HTTP, FTP and HDFS, Object and Cloud computing including OpenStack Swift
To learn more how EMC Isilon scale-out storage solutions can benefit your organization,your EMC sales representative or authorized reseller. Also be sure to see our solutions in the EMC Store at .
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.