Google (GOOGL.O) has been given six more weeks to reply to EU antitrust charges of abusing its market power in a dozen EU countries, the world’s most popular Internet search engine said on Monday.

“We have asked the European Commission for additional time to review the documents they’ve provided us. The Commission has extended our response deadline to Aug. 17,” Google spokesman Al Verney said.

The company had earlier been told to respond by July 7, sources told Reuters. Neither the company nor the EU competition authority has provided the first deadline.

(Reporting by Foo Yun Chee; editing by Adrian Croft)

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.

Related Posts

Facebook Comments

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲